Terms of Entry
Terms and conditions of entry
1. By entering the Awards the Entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the Awards details.
2. Entrants must either be the distributor, supplier or manufacturer of the product entered.
3. You can enter as many products as you like but each individual product can only be entered into one product category.
3.1. You may enter into both the product and packaging awards. Entries for the packaging awards are separate and incur a fee of £195 + VAT
3.2. Multi-pack entries which contain multiple flavours are only accepted in the instance that the individual flavours are also not available separately
4. Entries must be submitted online at www.thegrocernewproductawards.co.uk. Entries needed to be submitted no later than 5.00 p.m. on Monday 19th June 2023. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted online in full.
6. Entry Forms must state the name of the person responsible for submitting the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the Awards should be addressed.
7. Entrants will be notified separately when to submit their products for judging. Products must be submitted by the due date and must be new products available for taste testing at the judging at the end of July 2023.
8. Only branded grocery products that have been introduced, developed and sold in the last 18 months (15th May 2022 to 7th November 2023) are eligible for entry. Packaging should be developed or launched from 29th September 2022 - 29th September 2023.
9. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
10. Entries will become the property of the Organiser.
11. Responsibility cannot be accepted for any lost, late or mislaid entries and any entry which is incomplete, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the Organiser.
12. Products will be prepared for tasting according to the on-pack instructions.
13. The short-list for the Awards will be announced in September. Short-listed entrants will be notified by email and a list will be on the website.
14. Winners will be announced at the awards on Tuesday 7th November 2023. The winners’ names will be published in The Grocer in 10th November 2023 issue.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to entrants.
16. The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding.
17. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Winners may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and photograph being used for such purposes.
19. Entrants who notify the Organiser that they wish to withdraw their entry prior to Monday 5th June will receive a full refund of their entry fee. Entrants withdrawing after that date will not receive any refund.
20. Failure to deliver products to the required timetable will result in the deletion of an entry. In this event, no entry costs are refundable.
21. By entering the Awards, all Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of the Awards and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
22. If entrants provide any images as part of their entry, they confirm that they hold the necessary rights, consents and licences required to use, amend, edit, adapt and publish the images by the Organiser. Each entrant hereby grants to the Organiser a worldwide, non-exclusive royalty-free right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, store, distribute and display the images in accordance with these Terms of entry.
23. Entrants accept that their details will be used to them in connection with the administration of this award scheme and for marketing purposes.
24. Winners may publicise their success in “The Grocer® New Product and Packaging Awards 2023” indefinitely provided the year is specified in all publicity and materials.
25. The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.